Mauro Guerra founded Mauro Guerra Financial Network in 1986 and in 2012 the company's formal name was changed to Guerra Financial Group. As an immigrant from South America in 1982, he came with $20 in his pocket and no knowledge of how the U.S. financial industry functioned. When buying his first car, he was charged 17 percent interest, which made him feel as if he was getting deprived for not having the education to make an informed decision. Mauro started his educational (financial) journey immediately thereafter. He began sharing his knowledge with the South Florida community through numerous radio stations, television programs and hundreds of seminars on the importance of financial education and retirement income planning. Mauro's dream was to create an educational and family-oriented culture within Guerra Financial Group.
- Regular panelist on TV programs "A Mano Limpia-Oscar Haza" and "Despierta America.
- Cover story December 2008 in Miami Herald Business Monday predicting the 2008 Market Crash
- Author of the book Como Multiplicar Su Dinero en los Estados Unidos and co-author of The Retirement Ready Story, El Círculo de Su Fortuna and Como Trabajar en Familia para el Exito de Su Legado.
- Motivational speaker for multiple insurance companies
- Named "Miami's Best Kept Secret" by Senior Market Advisor Magazine, with cover story in November 2004
- Personal Finance Professor at Miami Dade College
- In October 2011, the Congress of the United States of America presented him with a special award for services to the community
- Host of over 450 Educational Classes across the country,
- Has personally advised over 15,000 families on the topics of retirement income planning, estate planning and tax planning.